Jill graduated from the University of Tasmania in 2009 having obtained a combined degree of Bachelor of Commerce and Bachelor of Law with Honours in Law and a Bachelor of Business degree with First Class Honours in Accounting and Corporate Governance. In 2010, Jill obtained a Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice and was subsequently admitted to the Supreme Court of Tasmania, the High Court of Australia and the Federal Court of Australia.
Jill grew up on the North-West Coast of Tasmania and, in 2010, returned to practise law in the Devonport division of Rae & Partners, Levis Stace & Cooper, to meet the diverse needs of the North-West community.
Jill practises across a broad range of areas, including:
- Property Law
- Property Development, including Subdivision & Strata Title
- Commercial, Residential & Rural Conveyancing & Auctions
- Commercial, Residential & Rural Leasing & Licensing
- Business Structures
- Business Succession Planning
- Business Sales & Purchases
- Loan Documentation, Security & Mortgages
- Company & Trust Arrangements
- Local Government & Planning
- Estate Planning & Wills
- Estate Administration
Jill has advised in a range of significant property and commercial transactions, and has given invaluable advice regarding complex estate planning arrangements. Jill has also been involved in the development and updating of Firm precedents.
Industry membership and appointments
Jill is a former or current member of the following:
- Property & Commercial Law Committee of the Law Society of Tasmania
- North-West Young Lawyers Committee