Mel Kerrison is well known in Tasmania for her experience in Commercial and Property law.
Mel heads Rae & Partners Property Division and in addition to her work as a lawyer, Mel was named the Telstra Young Business Women of the Year for Tasmania (2006).
Mel’s legal and commercial proficiency coupled with her industrious approach is reflected in the achievement of superior outcomes for her clients.
Mel’s areas of expertise include Commercial Transactions (particularly Small to Medium Business), Property Law and advising Local Government.
Examples of some of the projects Mel has been involved with:
- Advising Local Governmental Clients on Property and Development matters including leasing, acquisitions and major projects
- Advising a National Education provider on leasing and commercial acquisitions
- Advising Property Developers on the acquisition of property and providing strategic advice on the timely progression of development projects
- Advising both commercial and residential property purchasers on the risks associated with property purchases
- Advising business owners on the sale and purchase of businesses and business assets.
Industry membership and Appointments
- Chair, Northern Children’s Network
- Company Secretary, Design Tasmania Ltd