Nick is a senior practitioner with broad experience across a variety of non-litigious commercial matters. His areas of practice and particular interest include:
- Property Development
- Joint Ventures
- Commercialisation of Intellectual Property
- Estate Planning/Superannuation
- Corporate Governance
- Business Succession Planning
- Banking and Finance.
Professional highlights include:
- Advising in several major development projects each involving residential apartments, commercial precincts and hotel accommodation
- Acting statewide for a national lender to the rural industry
- Providing advice in relation to corporate restructure and governance issues to significant semi-government entity
- Providing extensive constitutional advice to tertiary educational institutions
- Advising in relation to significant business sales and purchases
Industry membership and appointments
Nick is a past member of:
- Chairman, Law Society of Tasmania, Business and Commercial Law Committee
- Chairman, Law Council of Australia, Business Law Section, Tasmanian Regional Committee.
- Chairman, Law Council of Australia, Business Law Section, Small Business Working Group
- Member, Law Society of Tasmania, Professional Development Committee
- Member, Law Society of Tasmania, Property and Commercial Law Committee.
- State Councillor, Taxation Institute of Australia.