Rebecca was admitted to practice in New South Wales in 2007. She practised in Sydney for four years, specialising in insurance litigation. Most recently, she worked in the local government insurance (public liability and professional indemnity) litigation team of a major international firm.
Rebecca joined Rae & Partners upon her return to Tasmania in 2011. She continues to practice in civil litigation, now specialising in:
- Employment law, including:
- Fair Work claims, including unfair dismissal, general protections and bullying
- advising on employment protections and entitlements
- work health and safety
- advising on internal management of disputes, including investigating allegations of bullying and discrimination
- preparing and advising on contracts of employment, including Fair Work and other entitlements
- advising on organisational policies
- Workers compensation
- Personal injury, including Fatal Accidents Act claims
- Motor Accidents Insurance Board claims
- acting for an employer who was the subject of a Workplace Standards investigation following a fatal accident
- acting in defence of an anti-discrimination complaint against a major organisation
- acting on a dispute concerning alleged misuse of intellectual property (including a successful application for, and conduct of, an order to search premises for evidence)
- conducting an independent review of bullying allegations made by an employee of a significant organisation
- advising on restraint of trade clauses in employment contracts implemented by a large firm
Industry memberships and appointments
- Vice Chair – Playgroup Tasmania Inc.
- Former board member and Secretary – Tasdance
- Former board member and Vice Chair – Child Health Association of Tasmania Inc.